Thursday, March 15, 2007

Feeling Better?

I find it hard to tell if I feeling better after several days in bed. My muscles ache from lack of movement, and all I really want to do is get up and move around. The last time I had it this bad I would force myself out of bed whenever I felt even the slightest bit of better. The result was that I spent the next three days in bed. Since I'm doing so poorly, I've decided to take at least today to really get better. It doesn't seem to be working as I'm still in lots of pain, but at least its an effort.
I'm sure my bosses are thrilled by this. They seem sympathetic on the phone, but I worry about my job. My sister and I just bought a house, and I need this job to afford to live in it. I also need this job for the health insurance. The problem is that my bosses never fire anyone, which seems like it would be a good thing for me, but instead they make things miserable until people quit. Not my idea of good business. I'm just worried that all my hard work will be destroyed by something I can't control.
The problem with Fibro is it sometimes seems to other people like we can control it. If I get stressed at work, I'll probably get a flair up. To others it may seem like I'm pouting after a stressful meeting when in reality I just worked too hard and hurt myself.
Excuse me, I have to go lay down now.
Salvate
-Fiona

No comments: