Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Results

I'm sitting at work listening to Nina Simone on my lunch break and it dawned on me that I've been to busy to blog the ever fascinating aspects of my condition.
Things have gotten better but only because my bosses hadn't researched the change in my position before proposing it. Now it turns out that they can't make me a 30 hour a week position without alot of extra cost. This would seem like a good thing, but they made it clear that they were unhappy that I was working from home- something they had never expressed before now. They've been kind of awful about this whole thing given the fact that they never told me they had a problem with these things. So frustrating.
On the upside my Litican is working this time, and I was placed on a new med called Mexiletine, which appears to be working rather well at extending my Litican treatment. I can walk around and don't need my walking aids, and my flare ups are responding to my pain pills for once. I feel fantastic, which is great, but it also makes me very angry at my bosses for no giving me a chance to prove myself on these new meds.
I've decided to start over and look for a new job. It seems to be going really well, despite the fact that I got a Masters in 18th Century Poetry. It seems there is hope for me after all. I'm also making it a point to follow the rules to the letter at my current job until I can up and quit. Felicity, my sister also works with me as a student, and she was going to start working here full time when she graduates this June, but she has also decided to look for alternatives to this place because of what they did to me.
I know it sounds like I'm a poor loser, but really I can understand how they feel and their need to make these rules. Its just giving me no warning and no ability to change without punishment is not an appropriate way of handling the situation. If they didn't want me to work from home they should have said it the first time they felt uncomfortable. I'm a manager I know how this stuff works.
Alright, time to write one more cover letter before I have to clock back in.

No comments: